• Our new staff is now featured in the 2024 Staff section.

Edison Insider

The Student News Site of Thomas Alva Edison Intermediate School

Edison Insider

Edison Insider

Angry NFL fans are furious with Swifties

Swifties are going crazy over Taylor Swift’s Eras tour. Taylor Swift’s Eras tour made about 1.4 billion dollars over her 52 shows, and she still has many more shows to come! Taylor´s concert ticket prices have gone up to $20,000 for some seats. Many Swifties who are unable to get tickets have tailgated in parking lots to participate in the tour. Some Swifties have even gone to nearby places where you can hear the tour from afar, like the American Dream mall during the Metlife concert. Although hearing Taylor Swift sing is the highlight of the concert, Swifties have also started trading friendship bracelets making it a fun atmosphere for everyone.

Taylor’s football star boyfriend Travis Kelcee, playing on the Kansas City Chiefs, is creating many happy Swifties, but many angry NFL fans.  A lot of people believe she is taking attention away from the game and putting it on herself. For example, sixth grade student Jeffrey Benedict at Edison Intermediate School (EIS) said, “I Hate Taylor Swift, and I think she’s trash. In my opinion, she is not ruining the NFL, but I do think football fans get mad. Her music is not enjoyable and she was alright in 2016 but not anymore.” 

However, eighth grade student Naya Patel at Edison Intermediate School thinks the opposite and stated, “I love Taylor Swift. She is amazing, and she is an idol. I think one day she is going to rule the world. She is not ruining football at all\, but she is improving it. Travis does better when she is there, and she is making Swifties like football even if they didn’t before.¨

Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour is making many people happy as well, boosting many hotel revenues, and helping airlines make much more money. Furthermore, people who were unable to go to her concert went to her movie. Her Era’s tour movie made 92.8 million dollars and it has become the highest-grossing concert film of all time. 

Eighth grade English Language Arts teacher at EIS Mrs. Kimberly said, “I attended the Eras tour and it was the best concert I have ever been to. This was not just because of Taylor because the production was amazing, too. I don’t think she is ruining football. She is irrelevant to it. The television stations are the ones making a big deal about it because she is a star. She is helping the economy.¨ 

Eighth grade Student Karine Chobanian stated, ¨I think she is a great person, but I do not enjoy her music.¨ 

Another opinion came from seventh grade student Luke Barba who said, ¨Taylor Swift is okay, but she’s very overrated and there are lots of better singers out there.¨ 

Lastly, one final opinion came from eighth grade student at EIS Delia Walker who stated “I really like her music and songs. Some of her songs are good but some can be questionable.¨ 

Overall, many people can agree Taylor Swift is one of the most talented artists of this generation even if she may be causing some arguments between football fans and Swifites. Without a doubt, Taylor Swift is a very talented singer who will continue to do amazing things in the future!