• This is our last issue before summer break! See you in September.

Edison Insider

The Student News Site of Thomas Alva Edison Intermediate School

Edison Insider

Edison Insider

EIS loves the Jersey Shore

Photo courtesy of bestoflbi.com
This photo is of Fantasy Island, an amusement park in Beach Haven, NJ.

Are you excited to feel the sun on your face and the sand on your toes, but you don’t know where to go? As summer quickly approaches, students are buzzing with excitement for school to end and summer to begin. The Jersey Shore is the place to be this summer. 

Many students were able to share their favorite things to do down the shore, so let’s dive into the best spots right now. Sixth grade student Sawyer Daniels explained that he will be spending his summer in Seabright enjoying delicious food from Tommies and shopping at a Surf Dog. 

Unlike Sawyer, many students say they spend most of their time down the shore in Long Beach Island (LBI) including Luke Levitt, Alex Cahill, Kyle Finn, Alex Bebee, Jojo Serapiglia, and many more. LBI is a family friendly beach with lots to do!  “Situated on the northern tip of Long Beach Island, the town of Barnegat Light is a quaint, family-oriented seashore town with something to offer to everyone. The Barnegat Lighthouse State Park is a popular destination for climbing the lighthouse, picnicking and more”(LBI Chamber of Commerce) This tells us LBI has lots to offer family based travelers. 

Eighth grade student Sari Korr said, “I love seeing my family and friends and going to the water park and Playa Bowls!”

There are so many other things you can do down the shore besides beach activities like swimming, surfing, and boogie boarding! Sixth grade student Casey Smith said, “I love to go shopping on the boardwalk!”

Also, eighth grade student Ava Heuck said that she loves going to the “amusement park, reading, shopping and tanning!”

Shopping down the shore is an activity lots of people enjoy about the shore–from Brave New World in Point Pleasant to Island Gypsy in Lavallette. Sixth grader Alex Bebee explained to us his favorite shop down the shore is Ron Jon.

Even though LBI is a super popular shore town, it’s not the only town. Many other towns like Bradley Beach, Asbury Park, Cape May, Point Pleasant, Lavalette, and many others are also very popular amongst the students. Eighth grade student Luke Politi said, “My favorite beach is Bradley Beach. I like it because my grandparents have a house there, and I can walk to the beach.”

Special Education teacher Ms. Stephanie Grajales likes a different beach. “My favorite Jersey beach is Long Branch. It is very clean, the sand is softer than most places, and it’s quiet.”