These Netflix shows can fuel your next binge

With the global pandemic keeping everyone inside the platform Netflix has an abundance  of shows to keep you entertained and occupied. Finding a new show is an exciting but daunting task but these recommendations should keep you out of your seat.  

Show 1: Ginny & Georgia

Looking for a show that has dramatic, romantic  but sarcastic humor? Then Ginny & Georgia is the show for you. Single mother Georgia with her two kids teenage daughter Ginny and nine-year old son Austin are on their way to a new idyllic life in Welsbury, Massachusetts. Georgia didn’t grow up like a normal teenager. When she was younger, she went through a lot of twists and turns. Ginny and her mother have a connection like no other but will moving to their next location change their life?  A local eighth grade student Danae Murphy has a lot of input on this show:¨I absolutely loved it, its my favorite show right now on Netflix because of all the amazing actors and scenarios, and it fit in perfectly because I loves drama and romance movies.¨

Show 2: The 100

Futuristic, adventurous, and emotional all describe the Netflix show The 100Set in 2149, after a nuclear explosion that made the Earth uninhabitable, but some were able to escape to 12 bunkers that were launched into space to escape.  Three generations passed with humans living in space.  Upon this third generation one hundred young exiles are sent to Earth 97 years after the nuclear apocalypse to test if the planet is now inhabitable.  The 100 follows one of the exiled, a 17 year old prisoner named Clarke Griffin.  Smart, determined, and strong hearted she has to navigate the new Earth along with her friends and try to survive the many challenges thrown at them.  This show has seven seasons and is rated 14 and up.  Viewers immediately fell in love with this show as soon as the first episode.  It has action, romance, mystery, deaths, and a plot line to die for.  With that being said, I would give this show a 4.5 out of 5 because the producers kind of lost me at some points in Season 7, but the show finale definitely made up for it!

Show 3: The Outerbanks

This show follows a group of teenagers in the Outerbanks of North Carolina called Pougues, who live at the cut. They are determined to find out what happened to the missing father of the groups ringleader John B. Along the way they discover a legendary treasure that belongs to John B’s missing dad but what could it be? Outerbanks brings adventures, mystery and romance through the journey to finding the missing father. Eighth grade student Kiera Deignan says that this show brought excitement through the screen and one of her favorite shows to binge watch because of the amazing plot story of the show. The show is rated a 4.5 out of 5! I recommend this show for 12 and up.

Show 4: Vampire Diaries

Following a 17 year old girl Elena Gilbert through her normal cliché high school experience.  Or is it?  Throw in two hot brothers who just so happen to be vampires, a witch as a best friend, and a whole bunch of other mystical challenges, and Elena’s junior year just got a whole lot more interesting.  The Vampire Diaries (TVD) is a mystical show with lots of love triangles, action and a lifetime.  This show has eight seasons and two sequel shows that are just as good if not better: The Originals and Legacies.  This show is recommended for people 14 and up, but I think it is suitable for 12-year-olds and over because there aren’t any mature scenes past kissing and seeing a guy shirtless. This show is probably my favorite show on Netflix!  I have watched this show at least five times and will never get tired of the heartbreaking deaths, jaw dropping plot twists, and such amazing romance that I can feel the characters chemistry from here.  I would rate this show a 5 out of 5 no hesitation and will never stop recommending this favorite to my friends and family. 

Show 5: Gilmores Girls 

This drama/romance show about the relationship between a young single mother Lorelai and her teenage daughter Rory living in Stars Hollow Connecticut. The series explores issues of family, romance, education, friendship, disappointment, and ambition, along with generational divides and social class. The latter themes manifest through Lorelai’s difficult relationship with her high society parents, Emily and Richard Gilmore, and Rory’s experiences at the elite private high school Chilton and later on at Yale University. There are a total of 7 seasons in this show. The show is rated 4.5 out of 5! I recommended this show for 12 and up. Assistant Principal Mrs. Marsh has watched Gilmore Girls and said, ¨I loved this show very much and great to binge watch.¨ 

Show 6:  Miraculous Ladybug

Looking for a cartoon show about superheroes but still has drama and romance?  Then Miraculous Ladybug is the show for you!  Now although this show was originally made for kids it has many aspects that has made this show a favorite for many teen and adult viewers.  This show takes place in France starring a teen girl named Marinette Dupain- Chang who transforms into the superhero Ladybug and her superhero partner Chat Noir who happens to be her fellow classmate Adrien Agreste.  But they don’t know each other’s superhero alter ego.  And what I think the best part about this show is and I know many others would agree with me is the love square.  You heard me square, not triangle.  With major romance, action and a crazy plot twist that made me scream my head off there is no doubt in my mind that this show deserves a 5 out of 5.  This show currently has three seasons but with a fourth season scheduled to come out in the fall that has all fans bubbling with excitement.  Rated G, this show is suitable for all ages and truly shows  that movies and TV shows don’t need mature content to be good.